Friday, January 18, 2013

Member Testimonial - Josh D.


January 18, 2013 – Josh Delekta

Trainers- Jessica & Aaron

217lbs.  That was when it hit me.  I was in my senior year of high school, and I knew there was something wrong.  I should not be this heavy.  I had never exercised a day in my life and I was a ticking time bomb.  I then vowed that when I graduated high school I would lose the weight no matter what it took.  
Between 2008 and 2013, 22-year old Josh lost 65 pounds!!
For the first two years, I changed what I ate.  I no longer reached for the processed foods, junk food, or the pint of Ben & Jerry’s.  All of these bad foods I slowly replaced with healthy food.  I began to experiment with vegetables and fruits and found that I like most of them.  They were not as repugnant and repulsive as my mind had made them out to be. By doing this small change, I began to lose some of the weight and notice a change in me.  I had more energy to power through the day. 

After the two years, I decided it was time to confront my fear and go to a local gym.  I started working out 5 days per week and did an hour of cardio.  I would wake up at 5:00am and head straight to the gym.  Yet again, I noticed an amazing change in me.  I had even more energy and I felt so much better about myself.  I also began to lose my hunger cravings and was no longer eating the enormous portions I had before; I even stopped having seconds.  It was truly miraculous.  One morning I stepped on the scale and it read 152lbs.  I was flabbergasted and I was pretty sure that my scale was lying to me.  I couldn’t believe how much weight I had lost over the four years, even thought I had lost my way a few times. 

All it took was sheer determination, motivation, and the desire to better myself.  I wanted to live a healthy lifestyle. I wanted to be around for as long as possible so I could be there for the ones I loved.  I still struggle to this day, but whenever I fall off track, I don’t wallow in self-pity or mourn the fact that I took a small detour.  I get right back on track and keep plugging along!


Are You Ready To Start Your Own Story?  
Contact Us Today For A Workout Program!
Snap Fitness Avon Connecticut
(860) 581-4014

No comments:

Post a Comment