Monday, January 14, 2013

Member Testimonial - Barry W.



January 14, 2013 – Barry W.
I started realizing that I was living a pretty unhealthy lifestyle when I found out I was going to be dad in 2010.  I had gained 20 lbs in 2 years mainly from poor eating habits, no self discipline, and overall just tired from working so much.  I decided in September of 2010 to take one thing at a time and quit smoking; I had already prepared for the weight gain which is common when you do quit.  Then in November 2010 I was injured at work.  I was then stuck at a desk, and I started packing on the pounds.  I began eating even more unhealthily, and became more sedentary than before.  By January 2011 I had gone from 235lbs to 272lbs.  I decided that I needed to do something.  

At that time my employer came up with a weight loss challenge, and that was when I joined Snap.  I started trying to eat healthier, but not completely cutting out everyday foods.  I slowly decreased the amount I ate, and added the right foods in.  I began using the elliptical, as I couldn't lift any weight due to my injury.  I figured something was better then nothing.  In the 60 day challenge I lost 24 lbs.  I had my surgery, did my rehab, and wasn't really cleared to start lifting weights until May of 2011.  Then I took off from there, trying to get to gym everyday; this was what I liked about Snap.  Its convenient hours allowed me to go pretty much anytime I wanted, and worked around my ever changing schedule.  It is small and I like it that way.  Everyone here has the same goal, and I have seen a lot of other members’ transformations since I’ve been here.  Now I am down to 208, and continue to make more improvements everyday.  It certainly has been a challenge, but having SNAP has definitely made my goals easier to achieve.



Snap Fitness Avon Connecticut
(860) 581-4014

No comments:

Post a Comment