Friday, January 25, 2013

Member Testimonial - Eric O.



After years of sitting around the house all morning doing nothing waiting to go in to work, I figured it was time for a change.  The sedentary life style of sitting on the couch eating and watching sports center had ballooned me to over 260lbs.  I was definitely not where I wanted to be in life, so in February of 2012 I began looking for a gym; that way I would at least have something to keep me occupied for a while in the morning and could start getting myself into better shape.
What started off as just something to keep me busy for a while became a full blown addiction when after the first couple weeks I had dropped 10 lbs.  I started to go more and more often (now anywhere between 4-6 times a week), and began to fine tune my work out routine (mostly cardio, with some circuit to maintain some muscle mass), while keeping an eye on what I was eating. 

Originally I had no goal set in mind, I just wanted to feel better about myself, but that was short lived. My first goal was to get down to 220 lbs, which came and passed relatively quickly.  After that I continued to set goals, and the weight just continued to melt away.  I figured a plateau would come and that would be my limit.  Well here we are less than 1 year later and I have finally reached that plateau.  I’ve lost over 100lbs and couldn’t feel better about myself.


Snap Fitness Avon Connecticut
(860) 581-4014

No comments:

Post a Comment