Friday, January 25, 2013

Member Testimonial - Brad S.


Trainer- Brian Szmigiel

By now I’m sure everyone has heard of the freshmen 15 in College.  My college basketball career ended after my junior year and I fell victim to what felt like the senior sixty.  My playing weight was 205 and as I was stomping and dragging across the stage to get my diploma I was 245. After moving back home I was out of shape and content with never playing again. 


I moved back home after college and was in dire need of a gym.  I joined Snap and soon after Brian convinced me to have a trial day with him.  It was awesome.  He asked me what my goals were and at the time I didn’t know what to say so I came up with “ Uhh to lose weight, be able to play again, and if you’re really awesome finally dunk a basketball”.  A few months later I had great results and ended up getting into better shape than in my playing days.  My confidence came back, and I even threw down my first in-game dunk a few weeks back.  

My last comment endorsing Brian is his ability to teach.  I gained more knowledge about the body and how it works in my time with him than I had previously accumulated in my life.  I have taken that knowledge and have been able to apply it to my 8th grade travel team and their workouts, which has led to a stronger and more fit squad.  Training with Brian was an overall great experience and I can’t recommend him as a trainer enough.

**Brad now not only plays in adult leagues and coaches a youth basketball team with his father, but runs a basketball camp in the area for youth as well!  Check it out here: http://bsbcpsc.eventbrite.com/ 
Brad is also starting an agility and plyometric training program for focused and committed athletes here at Snap in March!  Check back for more information!

Snap Fitness Avon Connecticut
(860) 581-4014
 

No comments:

Post a Comment